Just Giving; Teenage Cancer Trust.


Hi everyone, 

This is just a quick post to let you know I'm currently doing the 5x50 challenge in order to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust. The idea behind 5x50 is that you do 5K everyday, for 50 days. However, I have made a slight tweak and decided to do 5K or 50 lengths each day. The 5K can be done in anyway you want to, be it running, cycling or jogging. 

I'm doing it for Teenage Cancer Trust Fund for numerous reasons, if you'd like to know about my inspirations and motivations then feel free to click here, which will take you to my just giving page.

I'm not making this post asking you to sponsor me, although I would be very touched if you would, it's more to raise awareness and keep you thinking. More than 1 in 3 people are diagnosed with some form of cancer in their life time and on average 6 young people a day are told they are also suffering with this terrible disease. Not only that, but young people often are faced with the most rare and aggressive cases. So even if you don't want to sponsor me, I urge you to read up on this amazing charity and really take in what a difference they are making to teenagers lives. 



Anything you can do or give can make such a huge difference. I'm such a huge supporter Teenage Cancer Trust, Macmillan Nurses and Cancer Research UK. I currently give £5 a month to the charity, I know it's not a huge amount, but every little helps, if everyone in the UK gave that, imagine the advances we could be making. I've lost 2 amazing men in my life to cancer, both my grandfathers. I have now also found out that my Uncle has just developed it too, which has inspired me to do 5x50.

Thank you all for reading, I know this is a slightly different post but it's obviously something very close to my mind and heart at the moment.

Love to you all and hope you're well

xxxx

(my lovely Grandpa and I when I was just a wee baby)


No comments:

Post a Comment