TaliaJoy18.


Hi guys,

Tuesday the 16th of July 2013 was a sad day. Talia Castellano, possibly one of the most inspirational people on youtube, passed away. I first saw Talia on youtube, one of her tutorials was a suggested video for me to watch. I was instantly drawn in by this sassy young girl, so I decided to watch some more of her videos. I learned that she was battling cancer and had been from an incredibly young age. This touched me massively, as you may or may not know, cancer is something I feel really passionate about. I have raised almost £1000 for teenage cancer trust, I give monthly to cancer research, have raised money for macmillan nurses and despite being petrified of needles, I also give blood. The disease is just horrifying and having to see a young girl like Talia deal with it was heartbreaking.

However, when watching her videos, for a while that sadness sort of ebbed. Her happiness was infectious. She was such a positive young woman. It amazes me that in a time in which it would be easy to give up, she stood and faced cancer head on. She survived cancer for 6 years. So bearing in her mind her positive attitude, I'm going to try to too. As I have said, her story truly is devastating but I don't think that is how she would want us to see it. In her 13 short years, she achieved so much. She was an incredible make up artist, honestly, I don't think I will ever look as good as she did. Her look was flawless. She became an honorary Covergirl, which must have been a dream come true for her. She raised awareness of her terrible disease and ultimately inspired people internationally. She showed us all that even when everything surrounding you seems dark, you'll always be able to find a light. 

Talia didn't let cancer define her. She didn't look or ask for sympathy. She was one of the strongest people I have ever known of. I can only hope that wherever she is now, whatever she is doing, she is peaceful and pain free. No child should ever have to go through what Talia and her family have to go through. It is simply so unfair.

If you'd like to know more about Talia, you could watch her videos on youtube:

or visit her facebook page:

Her facebook page you really should check it out. It keeps you up to date with how Talia's family are doing, how you can get involved and support causes and one of the most touching things recently Talia's bucket list. You could maybe have a read and try and do one or two of them in her honor.

I hope Talia's story has inspired you to get involved in charities to help her cause. You don't necessarily need to donate money, even just your time would help. There's always places you can volunteer and really make a difference. But above all, if time and money are not spare for you right now, maybe just from time to time, lend a thought for Talia, the brilliant little girl that reminded us all to 'just keep swimming'.


Rest In Peace Special Girl
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment